You are hereHow To Buy Marijuana Seeds Online Guide - GrowWeedEasy.com's 2014 Seedbank Review
How To Buy Marijuana Seeds Online Guide - GrowWeedEasy.com's 2014 Seedbank Review
At GrowWeedEasy.com, we maintain this cannabis seed bank list which includes the top seed banks & breeders as well as evaluates each one based on customer service, reliability, and quality of seeds.
We wanted to make it easy for you to see, at a glance, which seed banks ship to which parts of the world.
So who should you choose to get your marijuana seeds from?
Each of the marijuana seedbanks, marijuana seed vendors, and marijuana breeders listed on this page have legendary customer service, and will gladly answer all your questions about your seed orders. If you ever have a problem with any order, I highly recommend contacting the seedbank right away as they will quickly take care of you.
USA Residents Please Note:
For USA residents, international orders will not go through if you try to use a pre-paid debit or credit card. This used to be a way to add security to your order (purchase a pre-paid card in cash, then use that to make your online order) but these cards no longer work with any international order due to a change in laws that occured in 2012.
GrowWeedEasy Cannabis Seed Bank List of 2014
GrowWeedEasy.com Has Put Together This List
Of Recommended Sources For Marijuana Seeds
Located: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ships: Worldwide Except Australia and Israel
- Fast Shipping - One of the most stealthy seed vendors
- Responsive and Caring Customer Service
- Well-established, Nirvana has been breeding and selling top-quality seeds for decades (they used to offer seeds by mail-order before the internet)
- Read customer reviews about each strain and leave your own reviews
- Promptly ships more seeds for free if you have any problems or if seeds do not arrive
- Accepts a wide variety of payment options (bank draft, cash, credit)
- Visit them in person if you’re in Amsterdam!
- They actually breed their own seeds, so they only carry stains developed by Nirvana. This means you have a much smaller selection than the huge "seed banks"
- Sorry, no seeds shipped to Australia or Israel
From a GrowWeedEasy.com reader: “I've ordered from Nirvana 3 times, and I can't recommend them highly enough. All 3 times I purchased feminized seeds. Price after shipping was roughly $60 for 10 seeds. Delivery was very stealthy and took 1 - 1 1/2 weeks. The first time I bought from them, it took a little longer to arrive, and I contacted them with my concerns. They shipped out another order the same day, and were extremely helpful and polite. I ended up receiving both packages after all. 100% of seeds have germinated and been female.”
Pick n' Mix Means You Purchase Individual Seeds
Buy Only What You Need!
- Specializes in selling single seeds (pick & mix seeds) - perfect for the someone growing a few plants at a time, but who still wants to grow a few different strains.
- Wide variety of seeds and strains from some of the best breeders in the world
- Often runs sales or specials - keep checking back!
- Responsive and caring customer service
- Very stealthy shipping - Quick & Guaranteed delivery worldwide
- Discounts on large orders - just contact their customer support for more info!
- Accepts a wide variety of payment methods including mail orders, Bankwire Transfer (for larger orders) and all major debit/credit cards
- Because seeds are sold individually, the per-seed prices are higher than buying seeds in packs of 5 or 10.
- Sometimes the most popular strains run out, especially during a big sale, because Bonza Seeds will only hold onto seeds for a certain amount of time (so they stay fresh). For popular strains that have gone out of stock, you may have to wait a few days or weeks for Bonza seeds to restock - definitely contact their customer service team for more information about a particular strain!
- Free seeds with every order
- Fast order-processing time alone & discrete shipping
- Kind and responsive customer service
- Accepts a wide variety of payment methods, including money orders and all major debit/credit cards
- Because they are a big vendor (a seed bank, not a breeder), they ship a lot of seeds. I have heard of a few cases where growers had germination problems or have had seeds confiscated. Herbies will replace seed for customers who contact them. If you have problems with a Herbies order, contact their customer service right away.
- While they don't sell single seeds for some strains on their main site, they do have a special Herbies site that sells single seeds for all manufacturers here: http://www.herbiespicknmixseeds.com/ ).
- Ship seeds promptly even with regular shipping
- Ships seeds worldwide
- Offers many unique and hard-to-find strains
- Often ships with free seeds
- Stealthy packaging
- Does not take credit cards
- Cumbersome ordering policy (meant to protect your privacy). You send in an order form then wait for them to process and mail it out.
- Features current listings from a variety of breeders - basically a marketplace to buy/trade/sell seeds
- Accepts money orders, postal orders, cashiers check, through credit from your Seedbay account and/or cash
- Does not accept credit cards
- Can't track your shipment
- Can be a bit confusing to get started, but they will help you
- Ships worldwide
- Stealthy Shipping
- Accepts check, money order, or bank draft
- Does not accept credit cards
- Website looks like it was built in the 90s - Don't worry, despite the spammy looking website, this is a proven seed vender!
Sea of Seeds
- Free seeds with just about every order
- Good prices
- Cheap shipping
- Accepts a wide variety of payment methods, including most credit/debit cards, UK postal orders and cash
- If you order with a debit/credit card, they can only ship seeds to your billing address
- Relatively new seed bank
- Will not provide returns on seeds that don't germinate, as seeds are for "souvenier purposes only"
- Free world-wide shipping
- Offers some unique strains
- Seeds are only sold in packs of ten only (20 pack for mixed seeds)
- Relatively small selection of strains available
- Only payment options are cash or a blank money order (must be negotiable in Canada)
- "Stealth" Shipping option is pretty expensive compared to other seed sources
Ships: Worldwide Except USA and Australia
- High quality strains and genetics
- Keep your original packaging and they will replace any seeds for free if you run into problems
- Unique ordering process requires you transfer money directly into their bank account
- No Shipping to USA or Australia
- One of the largest seedbanks online today
- Offer a huge variety of seeds from many different breeders
- Many seed specials and seasonal sales
- USA buyers take note! Some USA buyers have reported getting seeds confiscated from the Attitude(seeds are getting captured by customs and a letter is sent to the recipient explaining that the seeds were confiscated). This happens most often for those whose seeds pass through the customs centers in Chicago or Los Angeles.
- Attitude carries a lot of strains by unknown breeders that are marketed heavily to new and/or inexperienced growers, so be careful who you buy from on their site because they do not necessarily do a quality check on every breeder. You should be safe as long as you stick with well-known strains and trusted breeders. Just remember that they have a huge warehouse and carry a lots of seeds, so the people at Attitude have never grown any of these strains themselves.
Sannie's Seed Shop
- Stealthy Shipping
- Even so, will keep resending seeds until you receive them
- Bonuses for repeat customers
- Pay with credit card, bank transfer or cash
- Unique strains with quality genetics
- Does not accept money orders or checks
- Only sells strains bred by Sannie, so relatively small selection of stains
Located: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ships To Select Countries listed here:
- Incredible Selection of The Highest Quality Seeds
- Lots of Helpful Info About Each Strain
- One of the few online sources of legitimate Jack Herer and Master Kush seeds
- Sorry, no seeds shipped to United States, Canada, or Australia
There's lots of great information about strains online, and via the Seed Finder link above. My best suggestion is to do a little research and grow a strain that seems interesting to you. If you're still not sure, a great option for first time growers is Northern Lights, since this strain is potent, stays short, is easy to grow, and has a relatively low smell compared to most other strains.
When ordering marijuana seeds online, It is important to research all applicable laws in your area regarding purchasing and possessing cannabis seeds. Just because a marijuana seed bank or marijuana breeder is willing to ship to your location doesn't necessarily mean that it is legal for you to have possession of marijuana seeds at your location.
- Don't tell your friends that you're growing! This may seem like it's common sense, but this is the number one most common reason cannabis growers are caught, not because their seeds were intercepted! No matter how much you trust someone, you can never trust someone else as closely as yourself. Never ever tell anyone you grow your own weed, for any reason. If cornered about where you got your cannabis, tell your friends that you have a dealer who is very private and leave it at that. You never want to even hint that you know how to grow. If other people are talking about growing marijuana, bite your lip and act dumb!
- Do not ship the weed seeds to your growing address. This is pretty self-explanatory. If at all possible, do not get your seeds shipped to the address where you will be growing cannabis because you do not want these two activities tied together. Ask a trusted friend or neighbor if you can ship to their house without telling them what your shipping. Your packaging from Nirvana Shop will be very discrete and they won't know what's inside unless they open it or you tell them. Some people take this a step further and will have the cannabis seeds shipped to a house they know is vacant. They track the shipment and pick up the package when it arrives. PO Boxes are another option. Just remember, that if the address can be tied to you, the seeds may be able to be tied to you.
- You likely CAN NOT use a pre-paid credit card. Using a pre-paid card purchased with cash used to be a way to add security to your order, but it is no longer possible for most buyers. Unless the pre-paid card specifically states it can be used internationally, it will not be accepted when making international orders. Major credit card companies like Visa and Mastercard sell pre-paid credit cards which can be purchased at most grocery stores and gas stations with cash, BUT THESE CARDS DO NOT WORK INTERNATIONALLY for residents of many countries including the USA. It will not help to register the card with a name and address that matches the name and address that you are having your cannabis seeds shipped to. It used to be possible to order internationally with pre-paid debit cards, but there are no prepaid cards available for sale in the USA (that we are aware of) which can make international transactions (due to a law passed in April 2012 saying that prepaid cards can bot be used internationally).
- Or use a business card and have the cannabis seeds shipped to the business address. This can make it tough to track who made the purchase, especially in large companies. A package at a business is often overlooked and not scrutinized closely
- Don't use any real or identifying information in your order, such as your real email address. Email addresses especially are often saved after an order is made, so go to gmail.com or yahoo.com and create a brand new anonymous email address just for this transaction.
- Be Patient! In my experience ordering cannabis seeds online (which often come from overseas) my cannabis seeds have generally arrived 1-3 weeks after my initial order.
If you have done your research and are now considering purchasing cannabis seeds online, then you may be surprised to learn that it is actually very reliable and safe to buy your marijuana seeds online from a reputable seed bank.
Ordering weed seeds online from a seed bank will allow you to purchase feminized seeds (all-female marijuana seeds) and will also let you pick the exact strain to match your size and time requirements.
Having only female weed seeds is a huge advantage for the small grower who won't be breeding new strains and may have limited space and doesn't want to have to waste time and energy on throwing away half their cannabis plants at the flowering stage because they ended up being male cannabis plants.
Easy access to get incredibly potent cannabis strains is another great reason many growers choose to buy weed seeds online.
Common Question: Where do I get marijuana seeds?
You have 2 real options:
- Use random bagseed that you find
- Buy seeds of specific marijuana strains online
Before anyone can start growing marijuana they have to first get their hands on marijuana seeds or marijuana clones.
Marijuana seeds are often the easiest for new growers to start with since - unlike marijuana clones - they don't require access to someone who is already growing marijuana plants.
More Information About Using the Nirvana Shop for buying cannabis seeds online.
One of the best things about Nirvana is the fact that customers are allowed to leave reviews for strains that they've purchased. You get so much extra information in the reviews and often this has been helpful during my grows.
For those who don't want to have to deal with male plants, they have a proven selection of Femininzed Seeds.
We have always had great customer service from Nirvana Shop, and have received our orders quickly and discretely.
Try searching google for "nirvana shop" and you will read nothing but glowing reviews. In the few instances where they have made a mistake, the customer service team has a reputation for going above and beyond to make things right.
In addition, all seeds come with free stealth shipping which will ensure that your seeds will make it. I don't want to go into details on the internet about what they do, but let me just say that I was pleasantly surprised at how my cannabis seeds arrived with their free stealth shipping.
If you're not sure which cannabis strains to get seeds for, I highly recommend feminized Northern Lights or feminized Aurora Indica for beginners. Both are hardy strains that provide great yields and have potent medicinal effects.
Northern Lights has a particularly short growing period, so you can be harvesting your buds in only 2-3 months!
The tips and advice in this article about buying marijuana seeds online are only meant to be used by those who can legally buy marijuana seeds and grow marijuana according to all applicable laws. We do not in any way recommend that you use this information if it is not legal for you to do so. Please do not proceed to read any of the following information if you are committing a crime by following the steps outlined in this article, even if you are growing for pain relief, medical research, or any other reasonable purpose.